Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Take Me On


Somehow I unearthed by creaking bones and made it just 5 minutes late to Rocky’s XLR8!  on Friday and I could tell I had slipped back a bit because I elected not to take any of her subs classes in her absence. So it was just 10 days but having to start my engine again using the high-octane fuel needed for a Rocky episode was all I could muster. Back from far off lands she was more than ready making us move like trained circus performers jumping, leaping, crawling and of course running our little asses off.  

This class is one that I want to incorporate into my weekly schedule because as I alluded in my blog Jacbook it will take my fitness level a step further by helping me manage my HR and raise it 10-20 beats before I go breathless. I am not happy with the present state of my stamina as I am literally gasping for air only minutes into the hour.  I also know that some of the movements I have to feign because my nimbleness might be a foregone conclusion at least for the foreseeable future. And just this afternoon I tried to bolster my efforts for the coming weeks by doing some track work and practicing those very daunting burpees.  

So my short-term goal is to make Friday and Sunday my XLR8! days and I have a feeling just a feeling that I will indeed Accelerate into a new zone. The Rocky devotees are a friendly bunch always upbeat just like the effervescent Ms. Ribacoff and they make the hour move along just a bit quicker.  Charismatic and personable her mere presence has us striving for just a bit more than what we think we are capable of. 




2 comments:

  1. Rocky Ribacoff is an excellent personal trainer and makes fitness fun...

    ReplyDelete