Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rockin' Down the Highway


You can’t stop ya gotta   keep moving or you'll lose your mind when you’re in Rocky’s XLR8! class because there just ain’t no rest.  Whoa we’re Rockin’ down the highway in Great Neck and it’s no fun pulling up the rear but them’s the breaks until this Jack can begin to compete with the athletes in this class.  

The air seemed heavy today because catching my breath was like the veritable carrot on a stick in front of the horse. I was  sucking wind even though I was determined to do as much nose breathing as my lungs would allow.  Nevertheless this class as challenging as it is goes by in a blink and with the inside/outside routines it helps break up any studio fever we might feel and probably keeps the floor a little bit drier than the melted skating rink it looks like when the hour is done. When I got home I was exhausted.  I feel like no other class because if my body could talk it would be spouting profanity.

In the locker room I got to talk to Rock’s fiancé, Steve and he (get this) usually takes her second class which is Met Con and I’m thinking its good to be young because a double dose of Ribacoff cannot be for anyone that’s not in superhuman shape. And this class has some magnificent specimens too because try as I might when we are doing loops in the parking lot or scaling the stairwells these kids are blowing by me. What gave me some solace today was  that there were several attendees that were bent over on the sidelines doing modified movements by the time the class was halfway but as a former marathon and ultra-marathoner it’s just hard not to be hard on yourself even though that was a half lifetime ago. 

I love Rockin’ down the highway with Rocky and this woman  has a vivacious charisma that is so motivating her mere presence has us feeling like we can do just about anything.  By the way Steve told me the Rock will be on News 12 on Wednesday and when I get the details I will post it here. First Kristen and now Rocky. We have a celeb movement in EQ.  

Doobie Bros: Rockin’ Down the Highway 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts9nmYUIlB8




No comments:

Post a Comment